There has been a back and forth on formal ChangeLogs vs vcs commit messages via the GNOME mailing lists. Doing the latter exclusively has never sat well with me because I think it weakens good development practices (at least mine). I find many vcs commit messages lack the detail of ChangeLog commits generated by a workflow involving C-x-4-a in emacs for instance, which makes in easier to document changes on a per function basis, and that makes it easier for others to understand the changes that were made. And documenting on a per function basis forces me to review my patch prior to commit (good practice anyhow, but this puts it in my workflow).
- @pratik_rathod Yes, let ops commoditize and be excellent at core competency - conentent. Revenue tools - depends on sales arrangements 1 year ago
- @joeshaw Frankly I think you were just years ahead of your time with a sound policy. 1 year ago
- Every year I wait for the official start of spring @joeshaw leaving the internet for 24 hours. Its almost time! 1 year ago
- @systemizer @nylas_crew curious how you manage per environment config with your python deploy system and how you monitor the deployed apps 2 years ago
- @campd @xxiainxx Is there still a dead spot on the front lawn? 2 years ago