- @robcee @snorp @dougturner it will be unique 2 days ago
- @dougturner followed quickly by sadness when jobvite shows up? 2 days ago
- RT @mjrusso: Reviewed @antirez’s slides from RedisConf. Great insight into the latest Redis updates, and future project ideas. http://t.co/… 1 month ago
- RT @aboutpolar: Do you have a passion for developing next-gen media platforms? We're hiring 3 #engineering roles: bit.ly/19M0aif #T… 3 months ago
- Another @RogersHelps customer experience gone awry. #wastedtime 3 months ago
Author Archives: jpr
Francis G. aka apokryphos wrote a nice article on GNOME 2.20 and openSUSE 10.3 which will be out in just a couple of weeks. With 2.20 and the 10 year anniversary of gnome, for nostalgia’s sake I went and dug … Continue reading
There has been a back and forth on formal ChangeLogs vs vcs commit messages via the GNOME mailing lists. Doing the latter exclusively has never sat well with me because I think it weakens good development practices (at least mine). … Continue reading
Christian, a leak is certainly possible depending on the version and distro you are running. openSUSE 10.2 had a leak that you need to run the updater for. At one point a big problem was also hal libraries leaking (and … Continue reading
For the old Boston 2000-2001 crowd: I resurrected DC in Toronto this year. Sophisticated, elegant.
There was a lot of blogging about AMD/ATI releasing specs and such over the last week, the was an official press release last Friday. I’m really pleased that Novell could play such a big role in bringing this about. Extra … Continue reading
Maw and mauro have 2.19 rolling into Factory for openSUSE 10.3. SInce that is happening, Stanislav has moved 2.18.x to the GNOME:STABLE channel of the build service. It should appear there in the next day or two.
Bryan, another good paper Other related presentations and publications
Everyone on the Novell OpenOffice team got together last week at Novell office in Prague. I’ve been to Prague twice in the last 6 months now for conferences and both times its been great. Alena and Petra really know how … Continue reading
In keeping with our push to do more in openSUSE, maw has committed all of GNOME 2.18.1 to factory. Its started to show up now in the channels and the rest should appear over the next couple of days. Jump … Continue reading